The purpose of this document
- Sheila Granger LTD is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
- This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Sheila Granger Ltd is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
It is important that you read this notice, together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
Data Protection Principles
We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as is necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
How we collect information from you
We collect personal information from you when:
- You provide it to us – by placing an order for products and services on our website, by signing up to our download of the month audios, by signing up for our complimentary webinars.
- From your use of our website, using cookies and similar technologies, and
- from our licensed trainers and business associates when you complete a ‘Sheila Granger’ course with them, and
- occasionally from third parties
Information we collect from you:
- Contact details
- IP address
- Information from cookies
- Information about your computer or device
- Information about how you use our website, which pages viewed and length of time viewing that page
- The geographical area from which you accessed our website (based on your IP address)
How we use your information:
- For administrative and business purposes
- To contact you and process orders you place on our website
- To improve our business and website
- To analyse the use of our website
- To advertise our services and provide you with further information that we think may be useful and of value to you
Disclosure of your information to third parties:
We may have to share your information with a third party service provider only for the purpose of running our business, for example I.T service providers, payment processing providers, email support. The activities for which we use third party service providers , and the providers that we use may change from time to time.
How secure is my information with third party providers?
All our third party providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How long we retain your information:
We retain your information for as long as is deemed necessary for our business relationship with you. If however we have had no contact from you/ and/or your emails from us have not been opened for a period of 12 months, your data will be deleted. Also upon request from yourself at anytime by emailing your request to email@example.com. We do not sell your information to third parties.
How we securely store your information:
Data is held by Sheila Granger LTD using multiple secure servers. These servers are encrypted and any data is transferred using secure sockets layer (SSL) technology, this includes payments that you may make through our website.
Transfers of your information outside the European Economic Area
We will only transfer your information outside the European Economic Area if we are required to do so by law.
Or in certain circumstances, if one of our licensed trainers or business partners is outside the EU, and you have signed up for them to deliver training to you. Where we do so, we will ensure appropriate safeguards are in place, and that they themselves have certified themselves as compliant.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- To complain to a supervisory authority
The data controller in respect of our website is Sheila Granger Ltd, company registration number 07936212 of 11 Church Street, Anlaby, Hull. East Yorkshire HU10 7DG. You can contact the controller in writing at this address or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our details
- Information we collect when you visit our website
- Information we collect when you contact us
- Information we collect when you interact with our website
- Information we collect when you place an order on our website
- How we collect or obtain information about you from third parties
- Disclosure and additional uses of your information
- How long we retain your information
- How we secure your information
- Transfers of your information outside the European Economic Area
- Your rights in relation to your information
- Your right to object to the processing of your information for certain purposes
- Sensitive Personal Information
- Children’s Privacy
- California Do Not Track Disclosures
- Copyright, credit and logo
- Data controller: Sheila Granger LTD
- How we collect or obtain information about you:
- when you provide it to us (e.g. by contacting us, placing an order on our website and/or signing up for the download of the month and/or newsletters
- from your use of our website, using cookies [and similar technologies], and
- occasionally, from licensed trainers who have delivered my training material to you.
- Information we collect: [name,] [contact details,] [payment information e.g. your credit or debit card details,] [IP address,] [information from cookies,] [information about your computer or device (e.g. device and browser type),] [information about how you use our website (e.g. which pages you have viewed,] [the time when you view them and what you clicked on,] [the geographical location from which you accessed our website (based on your IP address),] [company name or business name (if applicable),] [VAT number (if applicable),] [and] [insert any additional information you collect from or about individuals].
- How we use your information: for administrative and business purposes (particularly to contact you and process orders you place on our website), to improve our business and website, to fulfil our contractual obligations, to advertise our goods and services, to analyse your use of our website, and in connection with our legal rights and obligations.
- Disclosure of your information to third parties: only to the extent necessary to run our business, to our service providers, to fulfil any contracts we enter into with you, where required by law or to enforce our legal rights.